Special Programmes Unit
- Advocating for the vulnerable groups i.e. gender, children, senior citizens and people with disabilities.
- Advising the municipality on addressing issues of the vulnerable groups e.g. development of policies, strategic documents.
- Co-ordinating and implementing all municipal programs relating to the vulnerable groups.
- Mainstreaming issues of the vulnerable groups into all municipal processes and programmes.
- Ensuring compliance on all prescribed legislation.
Programmes developed to address social development for identified target groups
- Awareness Campaign on teenage pregnancy, drug and alcohol abuse.
- Sport programmes for elderly.
- Gender mainstreaming.
- Support groups for PLWH.
- Sport for Disabled.
- Awareness Campaign on HIV/AIDS, disability and albinism.
- Women’s Month Celebration.
- 16 Days of Activism and No Violence against Women and Children.
- Widowhood rights.
- Salga Games.
- Mayoral Cup
- Respect and Recognition for Senior Citizens.
- To accelerate a municipal response towards issues of the vulnerable groups.
- To mainstream issues of the vulnerable groups into all municipal processes and programmes.
- Education and training.
- Economic Participation.
- Welfare and community development.
- Health and promotion
- Coordinating with municipal wards.
Target groups under the Special Unit
- Senior Citizens
- Human rights
- Men’s Forum
- Disability Forum
- Senior Citizens Forum
- Support Group
- Women’s Forum
|Consolidated SDF - Draft Report 13 August 2020||2020/21||All Documents|
|Draft - Consolidated Urban Design Framework Report 31-08-2019||2020||All Documents|
|Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plan||2019/2020||All Documents|
|Draft IDP||2019/2020||All Documents|
|Nquthu Financial Statements Audited||2017||All Documents|
|Nquthu LM||2018/19||All Documents|
|Final Oversight Report||2018-2019||All Documents|
|Final Budget||2019/20||All Documents|
|Final Budget||2018/19||All Documents|
|Draft IDP||2020/21||All Documents|
|Draft IDP||2019/20||All Documents|
|Application for Registration Suppliers Database||N/A||All Documents|
|Draft Annual Report||2018/19||All Documents|
|IDP DRAFT||N/A||All Documents, Useful Documents|
|IDP Review||2018/19||All Documents, Useful Documents|
|IDP Review||2019/20||All Documents, Useful Documents|
Assistant Director – Corporate and Community services: Mrs KC Shabalala