- Three year rolling strategic and operational plans that are aligned to strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Covers the strategic risk areas facing the organisation.
- Is risk based – addresses the key risks areas/concerns of management.
- Is prepared in consultation with management, the audit committee and external auditors.
- Matches assurance needs with available resources.
- Trusted advisor to management.
- Promoting the sustenance of an effective internal audit function.
- Promoting accountability.
- Performing consulting activities in accordance to client needs.
- Assisting management with the enhancement of the overall governance, risk and internal control environments.
- Maintenance of a Quality Assurance and Improvement Programme that covers all aspects of the internal audit activity.
- The programme includes an evaluation of the IAA’s conformance with the definition of Internal Auditing and the Standards and an evaluation of whether the internal auditors apply the Code of Ethics.
- The programme also assesses the efficiency and effectiveness of the internal audit activity and identifies opportunities for improvement
The subsection’s focused objective is to help the municipality accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
This is achieved through conducting assessments and evaluations of the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal control processes for the municipality.
Our IAA operates in terms of the Institute of Internal Auditors’ (IIA) mandatory frameworks including the Definition of Internal Auditing, the Code of Ethics, and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and any other relevant laws and regulations applicable to Nquthu MunicipalityInternal Auditor: Mr S Mtshali
Tel: 034 271 6147