Functions of Housing Section
- Housing Consumer Education whereby all Nquthu residents is educated or made aware about all issues of maintaining a RDP house.
- These could include education on water savings, issues of waste management etc.
- Tenant Awareness Programmes – This program focuses on hostel tenants in the main and also involves educating tenants on a variety of issues that concern them.
- Handling the issues pertaining to housing subsidies. This will include assisting tenants and community members who need low cost houses.
- Resolve issues pertaining disputes of Illegal occupation in RDP houses.
- Temporary location of caretakers in RDP Houses.
- In Operation Sukuma Sakhe – we assist Service Providers to find beneficiaries by communicating with ward Councillors and other stakeholders, e.g. ward committees, CPW’s
- Issuing of confirmation letters of ownership in low cost houses.
- Taking Responsibility of checking that all houses are having or installed of water meters.
- National Housing Needs Register – Managing the National register for Nquthu, a register recording details of people who require RDP houses.
- Rental Housing Tribunal – This section assists in the issues of tenant landlord relationship, extending to resolve issues between the mentioned parties. The issues could extend to matters of payments/non-payments, ill-treatment of the other party and so forth.
- Implementation of housing project.
- Land Administration- by prevention of informal settlements or Illegal structures.
Cell : 072 348 3642
Email : Mduz@nquthu.gov.za